Pages

Monday 6 February 2012

The Gift of Infinite Chocolate Cake

I love teacups, tea shops, frilly floral or polka dot aprons, gingham tablecloths and anything else related to tea. Cake in a Teacup makes a wonderful, elegant, tasty gift. Include the recipe and you have wrapped up, in cellophane and ribbons, INFINITE chocolate cake!
Mug cake recipes are all over the Internet at the moment, either use a search engine to find one you like, or try this link for ideas:

I bought a few different cups to give to different people and unfortunately some had metallic paint and could not go in the microwave. I had to get creative cooking the cake in one cup, then transferring it to the metallic cup before dusting with icing sugar. Avoiding cups with metallic paint would be a better solution.
I had to experiment a little to get the right quantity of cake in the cup, there were a few overflow "cake in, on and around a teacup" disasters, a rare incident of too much cake actually being a problem.
I typed up the recipe I used on printable canvas from a stationary supply store, the extra weight and texture just makes it feel more special, and makes it more durable. I also included the box that the teacup came in, it was too pretty to leave out, might be useful for future teacup storage and made gift wrapping easy and pretty. I love playing with ribbons!

Future possibilities for using a stencil when dusting with icing sugar have got me all excited. I'll add some photos as soon as I give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment